American Literature 2
To Kill A Mockingbird
Read the book To Kill A Mockingbird
Complete Vocabulary exercises 5
Complete Report on Historical Fiction and the time period.
Complete 1 assignment given by teacher
American Literature 1
In the text, Language Network (Grade 11):
1. Complete the Diagnostic Test at the beginning of each chapter in Chapter 1 - 6.
2. Read the “Here’s the Idea” section and write down the main idea (next to the maroon arrow) and define any new vocabulary which appears in bold print.
3. Copy the passage under the “Literary Model” heading in “Why it Matters in Writing”.
4. Complete all the problems under “Practice and Apply” including questions under the headings Concept Check, Revising and Writing.
5. Complete the Mixed Review and Mastery Test at the end each chapter.
6. Pass the chapter test for each chapter.
7. Using the process as outlined on pages 404-409. Write a two page autobiographical story. Identify the major parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs) in your story. The paper should be type written, double spaced, use 12 point New Times Roman font and one-inch margins.
All tests must be passed with a score of 80% or above or the test must be retaken. After the second failure on a chapter test you will need to redo the chapter review under the supervision of the teacher.